Manufacturer: Magul Dynamics
- Mounts on either Mil-Spec or Commercial-Spec sized carbine receiver extension tubes
- Supplemental friction lock minimizes accuracy robbing wobble
- Sloping cheek weld combines a slim profile with user comfort
- Shielded release latch prevents snagging and accidental operation
- Premium chrome-silicon lock spring provides positive locking and long service life
- Side mounting slots accept optional cheek risers for NON-AR15/M16 applications
- Replaceable 0.55″ Extended Rubber Butt-Pad offers an anti-slip surface and increases impact protection
- Compatible with Magpul ASAP® and other receiver-mount sling attachments
- Sling Mounts
- Rear – Push-button QD swivel sling mount accommodates up to 1.5″ swivels (ambidextrous)
- Rear/Bottom – 1.25″ sling loops
- Toe – Lanyard hole for custom para-cord rigs
- Weight: 0.58 lb.
- Length, Maximum: 7.15 in.
- LOP Adjustment Range: 3.80 in.
- LOP, M4 Collapsed: 10.95 in.
- LOP, M4 Extended: 14.75 in.
- Extended Rubber Butt-Pad, 0.55″ weight: 0.11 lb.
Thoughts: The Magpul CTR stock is a drop-in replacement buttstock for AR15/M16 carbines using a Mil-Spec or Commercial-Spec sized receiver extension tubes. It requires no additional modification or gunsmithing, and installs in about five minutes.
Pros: Designed for light and fast action, the streamlined A-frame profile avoids snagging and shields the release latch to prevent accidental activation. The CTR also features a supplemental friction lock system that minimizes excessive stock movement for enhanced weapon stability and an ambidextrous QD sling mount that will accept any push-button sling swivel.
Cons: Given that the CTR is meant to bridge the gap between the basic MOE stock and the larger STR stock with integrated storage space and larger cheek-weld, the CTR has really little to no drawbacks being both economical and functional.
Overall the CTR is perhaps the best stock for those looking for something above the generic factory stocks that offer a “bare bones” product. The CTRs additional buttstock pad offers improved recoil mitigation and the A-frame gives the shooter more of a surface by which to gain a positive shot placement consistently. There are two slots that also allow for sling placement if no swivel attachment is available so the added flexibility is something MagPul has clearly thought out.